Date Added: 23 June 2020
: 13 July 2020
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Mike Wood MP (Dudley South)
Location: Constituency office, Dudley South
Salary: Caseworker Exec1- Pension, holiday and other entitlements in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Mike Wood MP is looking for a caseworker to be based in his constituency office in Dudley South.
The successful candidate should be pro-active and display excellent communication, interpersonal, teamwork, IT and organisational skills.
The role also requires a flexible, can do approach and the ability to manage constituency casework and correspondence.
Duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Answering the telephone, emails, and dealing with routine enquiries
- Corresponding with constituents and third parties on casework matters
- Drafting correspondence
- Ensuring that each case is dealt with promptly, sensitively, confidentially and accurately in accordance with GDPR and MP requirements.
- Managing a portfolio of casework and updating constituent database.
- Analysing patterns of enquiries, articulating key trends and providing briefings on constituency and casework matters to the MP and other team members.
- Uploading files to Caseworker MP file management system (training will be given).
- Greet and meet with constituents who visit the office.
- Assisting at MP’s constituency surgeries
Skills and Values:
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and organisational skills
- Can do attitude and approach, able to take the initiative
- Hardworking, flexible, pro-active team player, with the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Excellent IT Skills (Microsoft Office, Excel and internet research)
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to prioritise a demanding workload under pressure.
- Practice the highest levels of confidentiality and discretion and they will need to be compassionate and patient with individuals and families.
- Must be willing to work collaboratively and remotely with the MP, his team and public and private stakeholders.
Experience is an advantage but not essential as training will be available.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 13 July 2020
Applications should be sent to Karen Shakespeare, Office of Mike Wood MP, 111A High Street, Wordsley, DY8 5QR
or by email to email@example.com