Date Added: 23 June 2020
: 31 July 2020
Job Title: Parliamentary Researcher
Working For: Virginia Crosbie MP (Ynys Môn)
Salary: In line with IPSA payscales
Virginia Crosbie, Member of Parliament for Ynys Môn, is seeking an experienced Parliamentary researcher in Westminster to support her Parliamentary duties.
Reporting to the Head of Office, responsibilities will include - but are not limited to:
• Keeping the Member briefed on Parliamentary debates, votes and maintaining the Member’s Parliamentary presence
• Policy research on complex issues
• Assisting with Westminster diary management
• Writing speeches and preparing speaking notes at short notice
• Communications – drafting and coming up with ideas for blogs, press releases, tweets, Facebook posts and op-ed articles
• Talking calls from constituents and assisting the Caseworkers in drafting letters to constituents
• Research on local, regional or national issues
The ideal candidate will have:
• A keen eye for detail
• Excellent English skills, both written and verbal
• Enthusiastic and willing to learn about the constituency
• A basic knowledge of devolution and devolved issues
Occasional evening work may be required in support of the Member’s duties. Pay dependent on experience but in line with IPSA pay scales.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 31 July 2020
If a suitable candidate is found, this role may be closed prior to the closing date advertised.
Please apply in writing with a cover letter and CV to Stuart Graham, Chief of Staff, at firstname.lastname@example.org