Date Added: 23 June 2020
: 22 July 2020
Job Title: Membership and Fundraising Officer
Working For: European Movement UK
Salary: Experience Dependent £24,000 - 28,000
About the European Movement:
Founded by Winston Churchill, The European Movement is the UK’s largest pro-European membership organisation. In recent years we were a founding supporter of the People’s Vote campaign. We are now campaigning for maintaining European rights, standards and values post-Brexit and campaigning against a no-deal end to the transition period.
In the next phase of EMUK we need to put our members front and centre. We need to create a membership offer with the community at its heart.
What we’re looking for:
You will be involved in a number of areas within our organisation, including:
- Building and cultivating a community for our members, as well as our supporters and groups
- Provide full administrative support for the membership function of European Movement UK
- Handle membership enquiries on a daily basis
- Support the Head of Digital Campaigns with the creation and implementation of Membership Recruitment and Retention Strategy.
- Support the Events and Organisation Manager with community outreach campaigns.
- Support the Head of Digital Campaigns with content creation for fundraising, membership recruitment and community building on all channels
- Be responsible for regularly updating records on our CRM database and extract reports as required, as well as ensuring our web pages on the CMS are up to date.
- Liaise with finance to ensure accurate payment records for members
- Supporting the Head of Digital, Head of Communications and the Administrative Officer with maintaining the membership system, including membership benefits (packs, newsletters) and similar initiatives such as the EM1000 club
- Supporting the Head of Digital Campaigns with fundraising streams such as philanthropy and trust and foundations fundraising.
Skills and experience
- At least two years’ experience in a membership or fundraising role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with a CRM (essential), experience using NationBuilder (desired)
- Experience building and cultivating a community
- Great interpersonal skills (comfortable building relationships with members)
- Understanding of data protection laws, especially GDPR
- Experience of using a CMS (essential), experience using NationBuilder (desirable)
- Highly organised and good administration skills
- Sound IT skills
- Basic design skills
Closing Date: 22 July 2020
Interview date: 5th August 2020
Start date: As soon as possible depending on the candidates notice period.
TO APPLY PLEASE SEND YOUR CV AND COVER LETTER to firstname.lastname@example.org