Date Added: 23 June 2020
: 30 June 2020
Job Title: Caseworker (Short term cover for staff leave)
Working For: Stephanie Peacock MP (Barnsley East)
Location: Barnsley East (Possibly working remotely during lockdown)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scale
Stephanie Peacock MP is looking for a caseworker to cover extended staff leave. The job will start as soon as possible and end on 31 January 2021.
It will be based in the constituency office in Barnsley East but could involve some remote working due to the current situation.
Hours: 9am–5pm - 37.5 per week
Days: Monday to Friday
Duties will include:
- Assist surgeries and other meetings and follow up as appropriate
- Critically analyse patterns of enquiries and articulate the findings in reports and communication with the MP and other staff members
- Deal with large numbers of standard queries, as well as assisting on more complex cases from members of the public by phone, email, social media or face to face. Ongoing communication may be required
- Draft responses to constituents
- Ensure records are kept and information managed confidentially in line with the data protection legislation
- Ensure that each case is dealt with promptly, sensitively, confidentially and accurately in accordance with the MP
- Gather relevant information to assist with resolving cases
- Log all cases; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken
- Manage policy casework administration and assist with responses to constituents
- Manage and monitor social media enquiries, dealing with cases that do not need to be transferred to a higher level. Ensure all enquiries are dealt with in a timely manner
- Monitor media coverage
- There may be a requirement for the role holder to work outside of the normal working hours and travel for work occasionally
The successful candidate will have good administration and organisational skills and be able to work to deadlines on their own initiative. They must be hard working and practice the highest levels of confidentiality and discretion. They will need to be compassionate and patient with individuals and families in often distressing circumstances.
They must be willing to work collaboratively and remotely with the MP, her team and public and private stakeholders.
IT knowledge of Microsoft Office and Caseworker.MP preferred but not essential. Education to degree level is NOT a requirement for this role.
Must have understanding of and sympathy with the aims and values of the Labour Party.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 30 June 2020
Interviews will be held via Zoom on 2nd and 3rd July
Please send a copy of your CV and covering letter outlining why you think you would be a suitable candidate to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also enclose the contact details of two people who can provide a reference. References will not be taken up until after the interview date
We will only contact successful applicants. However, please feel free to contact my office if you have not heard anything by 2 July 2020 and my staff will be able to advise you whether you have been shortlisted.