Date Added: 27 June 2020
: 3 July 2020
Job Title: Employed Research & Policy Intern
Working For: Jonathan Gullis MP (Stoke-on-Trent North)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
Jonathan Gullis, Member of Parliament for Stoke-on-Trent North, Kidsgrove and Talke, has a vacancy in his Westminster office for a 3 months full time Employed Intern, starting in the first half of July 2020.
• Assisting on projects
• Assisting Jonathan with research and policy into regeneration
• Basic administrative support
• Analysing, interpreting and evaluating data
• Any other duties as requested by the Member
• Understanding of and interest in Jonathan’s economic and political regeneration.
• Ability to conduct thorough research to tight timescales.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office is essential.
• Highly organised, with good record keeping and appropriate confidentiality, in compliance with the new GDPR.
• Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to learn quickly and be adaptable.
• Previous parliamentary experience, or experience as an executive assistant to a busy professional, is desirable, but not essential.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 3 July 2020
All applications should be submitted by the closing date. The position and interviews may close earlier if suitable candidate is appointed.
Interviews will begin shortly after the closing date, with the successful applicant likely to start sometime during the first half of July 2020.
All applicants should send their CV (2 sides of A4 maximum) with a draft letter to the relevant Minister outlining a new policy to help revive High Streets in Stoke-on-Trent, Kidsgrove and Talke. The letter should be no more than 1 and a half sides of A4.
For applications please send to Torrin MacLauchlan (Senior Parliamentary Assistant) by email: firstname.lastname@example.org