Date Added: 27 June 2020
: 7 July 2020
Job Title: Organiser
Working For: Labour to Win
Salary: Up to £27,925, dependent upon experience
Labour to Win is the new coalition for progressive and mainstream activists in the Labour party. It has been set up as an umbrella organisation by Progress and Labour First and is committed to making Keir Starmer's leadership of the Labour party a success.
We are looking to appoint an organiser to help up achieve our objectives and help put the Labour party back on the path to power.
- To organise Labour to Win’s interventions and campaigning activity for internal Labour party elections, selections and conferences
- To help create and support local and regional Labour to Win networks and maximise support for progressive, mainstream candidates and campaigns
- To promote the work of Labour to Win and work with colleagues and stakeholders to maximise the reach of the organisation amongst Labour party members, local Labour groups, trade unions and in the Scottish, Welsh and UK parliaments
- To work with colleagues to enhance and expand Labour to Win’s social media presence and campaigning opportunities
- To work with colleagues to organise and promote Labour to Win events
- To assist with fundraising for Labour to Win
- To undertake research, campaigning and political activity for Labour to Win as required
- A track record of political campaigning and organisation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, paying attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work as part of a team and with diverse stakeholder groups
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Ability to prioritise tasks and work effectively under pressure
- Knowledge of current affairs and political process
- Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Labour Party and knowledge of its structures
- Occasional evening and weekend required
Salary: Dependent upon experience. We are happy to discuss part-time, pro-rata arrangements.
Primary place of work: Labour to Win offices in central London and/or working from home (to be agreed and/or dependent upon social distancing regulations). The post-holder will be required to travel away from London to attend and work at Labour to Win and Labour party events.
Core hours of work: 10.00-18.00 Monday to Friday, with evening and weekend working expected (and compensated for).
Holiday entitlement: 25 days annual leave per year (plus public holidays).
Closing Date: 7 July 2020
Closing time for applications is 6pm.
Interview dates early July.
Start date tbc, mid July/early August.
Please send a CV and covering letter telling why you want the job, demonstrating your commitment to the goals of Labour to Win - and why your experience makes you a valid candidate (include your current salary where appropriate) to Nathan Yeowell at: email@example.com
Please email Nathan if you would like to have a chat before applying.