Date Added: 27 June 2020
: 20 July 2020
Job Title: Research Officer
Working For: Alex Chalk MP (Cheltenham)
Salary: In line with IPSA payscales
- A keen eye for detail
- Assist the Research Manager with constituency casework
- Enthusiastic and willing to learn about the constituency
- Help draft amendments for reports and prepare briefing material
- Analyse, evaluate and interpret data to ensure Member is accurately informed on key issues
- Monitor local and national media and social media updating the MP on any trends
- Respond to constituency enquiries
- Undertake research on relevant subjects as directed
- Work with colleagues in communications/casework to identify potential impacts from the research work and disseminate them effectively.
Pay dependent on experience, but in line with IPSA payscales.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 20 July 2020
If a suitable candidate is found, this role may be closed prior to the closing date advertised.
Anticipated start date will be 1 September 2020
Please apply in writing with a cover letter and cv to Lorraine Freeman, Administration Manager at email@example.com