Date Added: 28 June 2020
: 5 July 2020
Job Title: Personal Assistant
Working For: The Rt. Hon. the Lord Tyrie of Chichester
Salary: To be discussed
Andrew Tyrie is seeking an efficient and proactive PA with excellent written and communication skills on a part time basis. The desired candidate would ideally have some interest and/or experience in Parliament.
- Providing secretarial support to Andrew Tyrie in relation to his work in the House of Lords and on a number of Boards, both remunerated and pro bono/charitable.
- Monitoring inboxes and taking dictations to action emails.
- Tracking progress of tasks and responsibilities, producing to do lists, alerting the need for actions that arise.
- Responding to letters, messages and telephone calls, and maintaining an up to date record of contacts.
- Arranging professional and private diaries, including appointments and travel and personal support.
- Managing relationships with key professional and personal parties including Peers, MPs, Committees, etc.
- Competent use of IT including Microsoft Office package, email and internet to assist with drafting correspondence.
- Scope to develop a research support role.
- Liaising with the Co-ordinator of the APPG for Extraordinary Rendition as required as well as the Co-Chair and other APPG members.
- Assisting with parliamentary business, including: assistance with speeches and questions, monitoring forthcoming business and providing other administrative support.
- Previous experience of working as a PA at a senior level with strong office management and secretarial skills will help.
- Ability to manage a diverse workload, meet deadlines, and work to deadlines.
- Identify upcoming risks and be confident to provide sound advice on how best to manage them.
- Be self-starting and able to manage multiple tasks independently.
- Strong analytical skills, excellent attention to detail.
Closing Date: 5 July 2020
Start date as soon as possible.
Please send your CV and a covering letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org