Date Added: 28 June 2020
: 14 July 2020
Job Title: Parliamentary Assistant
Working For: Chris Loder MP (West Dorset)
Salary: £25,500 - £28,500
Chris Loder MP is seeking a full-time Parliamentary Assistant. This is a great opportunity to work in the heart of Parliament as part of a supportive and close-knit team.
- Management of the MP’s inbox and diary.
- Draft and send policy correspondence to constituents on a broad range of topics.
- Assist with casework as required.
- Attend and participate in meetings, occasionally on behalf of the MP, taking notes as required.
- Develop and maintain up-to-date knowledge of relevant legislation and upcoming business including how they impact on the West Dorset constituency.
- Engage confidentially, professionally, with care and integrity on behalf of the MP with members of the public, through telephone enquiries, email and face-to-face.
- Maintain on-going relationships within Parliament, the West Dorset constituency, and with special-interest groups.
- Prepare and present briefing notes for committees, meetings and items of Parliamentary business.
- Provide generalist admin support to the MP.
- Undertake research on relevant subjects as directed and work with colleagues in communications/casework to identify potential impacts from the research work and communicate them effectively.
- Analyse, evaluate and interpret data to ensure Member is accurately informed on key issues.
- Assist in writing external communications, including speeches for the MP.
- There may be a requirement for the role holder to work outside of normal working hours and travel for work occasionally.
Skills and Values:
- Excellent communicative skills, both written and verbal.
- Pro-active and flexible, with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent IT skills, with experience using Outlook.
- Experience using casework management software (Caseworker) is desired, but not essential.
- Knowledge of the West Dorset area is desired, but not essential.
- Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 14 July 2020
Start Date: 3rd August 2020
Please apply ASAP as we may appoint before the closing date if the right candidate is identified.
Please submit your CV and a brief cover letter to email@example.com with “Job Application – [your name]” as your email subject line. Due to the large volume of applications we will be unable to provide individual feedback.