Date Added: 30 June 2020
: 24 July 2020
Job Title: Office Manager/Senior Secretary
Working For: Dominic Raab MP (Esher and Walton)
Salary: In line with IPSA guidelines
Mr Raab is looking for a hard-working and motivated person to join his team as his PA/Office Manager, to oversee the day-to-day running of his Westminster office. The successful applicant will form part of a small and dedicated team to ensure the smooth running of the office and provide high level administrative and managerial support. The position would suit a highly organised person with excellent attention to detail. Strong administrative, organisational, communication and IT skills are highly valued.
• Managing the Member’s diary, with overall control of constituency commitments.
• Overseeing communications, including the website and social media; overseeing the production of newsletters and leaflets.
• Management of the office budget and HR procedures.
• Ensuring a full range of secretarial and administrative support, including: telephone and visitor enquiries, responding to email and letters, efficient data and file management.
• Recruitment and line management responsibilities.
• Oversight of Casework. Ensuring queries from constituents are dealt with in a sensitive manner and all records are dealt with in accordance with data protection principles.
• Competent use of IT, email and internet to draft correspondence and reports; and set up and maintain spreadsheets.
Candidates should have the following skills and qualities:
• Previous Parliamentary experience (desirable) as a PA or Diary Manager.
• Strong communication and analytical skills, with an excellent standard of written English.
• Strong administrative and IT skills.
• An empathetic and responsive approach to people.
• The ability to manage and prioritise own workload independently.
• Excellent team working ethic.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 24 July 2020
Closing sooner should a suitable candidate be found.
Please send a CV with covering letter outlining your suitability to firstname.lastname@example.org