Date Added: 30 June 2020
: 21 July 2020
Job Title: Accounts Assistant
Working For: Apollo Strategic Communications
Location: Remote (home working)
Salary: circa £25,000 (pro-rata, 3 days a week)
A fast-growing international communications agency is seeking an experienced part-time Accounts Assistant to work as part of a team assisting the Financial Controller in providing accounting, operational and people management support. You will be a highly organised self-starter with experience in overseeing HR for a growing company. The position is home-based.
Duties Will Include:
• Maintaining up-to-date entries into QuickBooks Online
• Coordinating outsourced payroll
• Coordinating staff expenses
• Collating and managing the team’s online time sheets and making sure they are accurate and up-to-date
• Issuing and managing Work Orders to contractors and chasing to ensuring their invoices are submitted on time.
• Sales invoicing and debt management
• Providing monthly financial reports to Apollo senior staff on their client accounts
• Drafting and maintaining employment and contractor agreements, ensuring records are complete and up to date
• Filing all employee related documents to the HR database
• Maintaining company handbook and policies
• Coordinating staff holiday requests
• We have an employment lawyer to help with HR issues but you will be required to co-ordinate with the lawyer on some HR issues. Some practical knowledge of employment law would be useful, though not essential.
• Providing line managers with HR support as required
• Ad-hoc employee queries
• Helping with the onboarding of new staff in terms of their pay and office equipment
• Managing and maintaining some filing systems (paper and electronic)
• Managing office calendar
• Ensuring company policies are maintained
• General support to the team
• Occasional PA duties to Directors – managing diary, travel, organising staff events etc
To be considered for this role you will possess the following experience:Advanced working knowledge of QuickBooks Online and MS Office applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
3-5 years’ experience working in an office management role, preferably in a professional service environment, have excellent written and verbal communication skills, be highly organised and able to prioritise tasks and time efficiently.
Closing Date: 21 July 2020
We will interview on a rolling-basis and may appoint before the closing date.
Please send a short cover note (max 1 page) and your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org