Date Added: 30 June 2020
: 17 July 2020
Job Title: Employed Intern (12 Month Fixed Term Contract)
Working For: Rt. Hon. Mark Spencer MP (Sherwood)
Salary: In line with IPSA Pay Scales
Rt. Hon. Mark Spencer, Member of Parliament for Sherwood, is seeking an Employed Intern to assist with the running of his Westminster Office. The successful applicant will be based in Westminster and will join a close-knit group of staff based across Westminster and Sherwood. The position is based on a twelve-month Fixed Term contract and will be paid in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
We welcome applications from everyone- regardless of whether you have previous political experience. This job would be ideal for a candidate looking for a year in industry as part of their degree.
- Assisting/learning how to manage casework;
- Basic administrative support;
- Learning how to analyse, evaluate and interpret data;
- Learning/assisting in appropriate research;
- Learning/assisting in drafting responses to constituents;
- Handling mail, emails and phone calls from constituents;
- Helping the Parliamentary Assistant with the running of the Westminster Office.
A successful candidate would have the following desirable skills:
- Computer literacy, especially with the Office 365 suite;
- Basic comprehension of Politics;
- Highly Organised, with good record keeping and appropriate confidentiality, in compliance with the new GDPR;
- Excellent communication and attention to detail;
- Ability to learn and take on information quickly;
- Sympathetic to the values of the Conservative Party.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 17 July 2020
All applications should be submitted by the closing date, and interviews will follow shortly after. The successful applicant will be required to start in September 2020 on a 12 months Fixed Term Contract.
Please include in your application a CV of no more than two sides of A4 Paper, and a Covering Letter of no more than one side of A4.
Any questions and applications for the role can be sent to Mr. Brandon Minichiello, Parliamentary Assistant, BrandonL.Minichiello@parliament.uk