Date Added: 30 June 2020
: 21 July 2020
Job Title: Support Officer
Working For: Dr Ben Spencer MP (Runnymede and Weybridge)
Salary: £24,000 – £35,002 pa (fixed term 6 month contract)
Dr Ben Spencer MP is looking to appoint a full-time Support Officer to start as soon as possible.
- Log all cases; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken
- Administrative duties such as photocopying, filing, record-keeping and typing correspondence as required
- Deal with standard queries, as well as assisting on more complex cases from members of the public by phone, email, social media or face to face
- Gather relevant information to assist with resolving cases
- Ensure that each case is dealt with promptly, sensitively, confidentially and accurately in accordance with the MP
- There may be a requirement for the role holder to work outside of the normal working hours and travel for work occasionally.
Key characteristics and skills:
- Strong written and communication skills
- Experience of Microsoft Office and ideally previous use of databases
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to organise
- A good team player
- Flexible and adaptable approach
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 21 July 2020
Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis. Candidates successfully selected for interview will be contacted ahead of the closing date with further details. Unfortunately due to volume of applicants we are unable to respond to unsuccessful applicants.
Start date - as soon as possible.
All applicants should send their CV with a short cover letter detailing why they are suitable for the role by 5pm on the closing date to email@example.com