Date Added: 30 June 2020
: 10 July 2020
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Working For: Rt Hon Theresa Villiers MP (Chipping Barnet)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales and experience
The Rt Hon Theresa Villiers MP is seeking a member of staff to cover constituency related matters, and correspondence.
Duties and responsibilities include:
• Assisting with office administration and contacts with constituents using software such as Caseworker.
• Engage professionally, confidentially and with care and integrity with members of the public, through a variety of methods.
• Respond to enquiries by telephone and email, passing on queries to another team members/MP as appropriate.
• Assist at surgeries and other meetings and follow up as appropriate.
• Log all cases; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken. Ensure all enquiries are dealt with in a timely manner.
• Gather relevant information to assist with resolving cases.
The following skills/characteristics are essential:
• Organisational and time management skills;
• An appreciation of the importance of attention to detail, discretion and confidentiality;
• Excellent communication and writing skills;
• Ability to work as part of a team.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 10 July 2020
Interviews will take place during the week beginning 13th July. The aim is to have the appointed candidate in post as soon as possible.
Please send a CV and cover letter to Theresa Villiers at firstname.lastname@example.org, stating your full name and ‘Application for Administrative Assistant’ in the email subject field. Please also include a sample of written work.