Date Added: 9 July 2020
: 31 August 2020
Job Title: Senior Associate (ESG)
Working For: Global Counsel
Global Counsel helps companies and investors across a wide range of sectors to anticipate the ways in which politics, regulation and public policymaking create both risk and opportunity – and to develop and implement strategies to meet these challenges.
Their work is backed up by high quality analytical content and collateral that is politically and economically informed and which builds quickly into executable strategy. The team is led by former public policymakers and political advisors with experience at the highest level of government, based in London, Brussels and Singapore and supported by a network of partners in other key markets.
The Senior Associate will support the growing Climate and Sustainability team in London, working with a dynamic and highly experienced team.
A key focus of the role will be working with a wide range of high-profile policy and political issues, with a focus on environmental, social, and governance (ESG). You will also have the opportunity to work for a range of international clients, including some of the most prestigious companies and investors in financial services, manufacturing, technology and consumer goods.
- Manage the delivery of analysis of ESG, regulation and reporting, advising on trends and material impacts for various sectors.
- Scrutinise the impact of ESG frameworks for investors at both the portfolio and asset levels.
- Develop and implement advocacy and thought leadership campaigns on ESG for clients.
- Produce written content and analysis in the form of policy papers.
- Build and maintain relationships with clients and a wider network of businesses and policymakers at senior levels.
- Participate in GC marketing campaigns that contribute to live policy debates, taking responsibility for helping to deliver events such as breakfasts, dinners and roundtables with policymakers and writing content for the GC blog.
- At least 3 years’ experience- providing strategic and evidence-based advice on climate and sustainability issues.
- Demonstrated experience in ESG.
- Experience of working within corporates or investors.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills in English.
- A motivated self-starter who works well independently and in a team.
Location: Marylebone, London
Closing Date: 31 August 2020
Interviews will be taking place remotely and recruitment is on-going. Start date is ASAP.
If you are interested to apply, please send a copy of your CV to: