Date Added: 11 July 2020
: 7 August 2020
Job Title: Junior Copywriter
Working For: Hanbury Strategy
Hanbury Strategy is a fast-growth strategic advisory firm that provides political analysis, insight and corporate communications to clients from the FTSE 100 through to fast-growth, disruptive start-ups.
We are looking for an enthusiastic new recruit with a keen interest in politics, the media and campaigns to assist the team on writing projects. You will work directly with colleagues of all levels of seniority within the company, giving you the opportunity to develop your skills with experienced professionals from across the worlds of politics and media.
The successful candidate will be involved in a range of tasks and projects, which might include:
- helping to draft briefing notes and background information documents
- copywriting, such as for articles and speeches
- proofreading documents.
- 28 days holiday (excluding Bank Holidays)
- A say in how we build the company in regular internal strategy brainstorms and away days
- Training courses tailored to your personal ambitions and goals
- A competitive package, salary and benefits, dependent on experience
- Excellent pension package
- An active social and cultural calendar to maintain connections during lockdown
- Offices in a central London co-working space with an onsite cafe, showers, fitness classes, live music and film screenings
- A real interest in politics in the UK and EU and a dedication to producing high quality work
- Exceptional and proven writing and research skills alongside an aptitude for proof-reading and editing documents e.g. articles and speeches
- A keen eye for detail with good spelling and grammar with English as your mother tongue
- An entrepreneurial spirit, a desire to innovate and be part of a fast-growth organisation
- Organisational ability, a personable approach and are a team-player
- The appetite and flexibility to work with clients across a range of industries and verticals
- Solid work experience or internships in a relevant field and/or one or two years experience in a related permanent position
- Interest in working with people with a diverse range of backgrounds and opinions
Closing Date: 7 August 2020
Start date will be ASAP
Interviews will be conducted remotely.
We are more interested in potential and attitude than a candidate who ticks all the boxes. To apply, please email email@example.com with your CV and a recent sample of your written work.
Please also write a covering letter and answer the following questions in your email;
Tell us about a time when you overcame a challenge/successfully influenced someone? (300 words max)
What achievement are you most proud of in your career/studies thus far? (300 words max)