Date Added: 15 July 2020
: 7 August 2020
Job Title: Employed Intern
Working For: Dr James Davies MP (Vale of Clwyd)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
Dr James Davies MP is looking for a hard-working and friendly intern to join his team in Westminster. This position can be full or part time but must be at least 3 days a week.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Excellent written and oral communication
- An ability to work effectively both as an individual and as part of a team
- Strong organisational and research skills with good attention to detail
- A positive attitude
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Manage policy casework, efficiently progressing and recording cases
- Undertake research on a wide range of subjects, often using readily available sources
- Engage with constituents, political stakeholders and third party organisations
- Draft and dispatch written correspondence
- General administrative tasks
- Assist with projects and briefings as necessary
This internship is a minimum of six months with the potential to extend if mutually agreeable.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 7 August 2020
Interviews will commence as soon as possible, and an appointment may be made before the closing date if a suitable candidate is found.
Please email a CV and cover letter of no more than one page to email@example.com. Please include in your cover letter whether you would prefer to work full or part time.