An exciting opportunity has arisen to organise Harrow Labour's campaigns and build on Harrow Labour's successes in the 2018 local elections.
The Borough Organiser will be responsible for building and maintaining party organisation and activity; establishing an effective election and campaign organisation ahead of the 2021 Mayoral & GLA elections and the 2022 Borough Council elections working in liaison with the Harrow Labour Group, LCF, London Regional team, the AM, local MP, CLPs and other party units.
Harrow prides itself in being one of the most ethnically and religiously diverse boroughs in the country. The Borough Organiser must ensure that all campaigning activity recognises the rich diversity of the London Borough of Harrow and that volunteers are encouraged and enabled to participate irrespective of different skills and abilities.
The successful candidate will have:
• Significant experience of being involved in election campaigns
• Moderate experience using Labour Party technology
• Experience writing & designing campaign literature
• Experience organising events and motivating large groups of volunteers
• To work with the Harrow Labour Group, LCF, AM, MP and organiser(s) to identify, develop, motivate and organise members and supporters.
• To plan and produce literature for the boroughwide and local ward campaigns ahead of the 2021 and 2022 elections during short campaign and polling days.
• Enhancing Group’s social media presence and running digital campaigns
• To provide training to members on election techniques, production of newsletters, voter ID (doorstep & phone), voter registration and postal votes.
• Ability to communicate concisely, both verbally and in written form, e.g. drafting newsletters
• Ability to work with, lead and motivate a wide range of people
• Knowledge and understanding of the Party organisation at branch, constituency & regional level
• Knowledge & experience of campaigning and fundraising techniques in a political environment
• Proficient in all Microsoft Office software
• An experience of using Labour Party software (Reach/Contact Creator etc) would be beneficial
• Membership of the Labour Party
• Driver’s license is desirable
To apply to this role please send a CV and Covering Letter highlighting your suitability for the post to: firstname.lastname@example.org