There are few bigger questions in UK politics than how the country overhauls its energy use, protects the environment, and balances the needs of business, society and the economy.
As a member of DeHavilland’s Infrastructure Team, you will be responsible for a portfolio of big-name clients who are relying on you to help them navigate this fast-changing policy landscape. You will make sure the public affairs professionals you work with can cut through the noise, while never missing a policy development that could affect them, however nuanced. You will help them join the dots between politics and policy, give them visibility of what might lie ahead, and provide the tools they need to build political engagement.
Building a reputation as an expert in the policy field is a huge part of the satisfaction of the job – but it’s not the only element. We are looking for a candidate who enjoys working with commercial colleagues to develop and grow the energy and environment portfolio.
We are looking for people with around two years’ experience in a relevant role with the view to them moving into a line management role within 18 months. However, we also welcome applicants with slightly less experience for an Executive role.
And because we’re part of Ascential, the specialist global information company, we have great benefits as well as a fantastic office in Savoy Court just off the Strand in London.
Your experience and knowledge:
• A good knowledge of energy and environmental policy is desirable. At the very least an interest and desire to learn more about it.
• Experience of working in a political/public affairs role.
• Experience of building and developing excellent relationships
Your skills and attributes:
• Excellent organisational skills
• Ability to deliver information accurately in a fast-paced environment and to think quickly to provide insights and perspective on UK institutional/industry/civil society reports
• First-class writing and oral skills in English at native level or equivalent
• A keen eye for quality and attention to detail
• Excellent time management skills
• Strong communicator and interpersonal skills
• A flexible team-player with a high degree of motivation and pro-activeness
Interviews will take place beginning of August with the view to someone starting as soon as possible but we can be flexible.