Date Added: 21 July 2020
: 16 August 2020
Job Title: Administrative and Communications Assistant
Working For: Nick Fletcher MP (Don Valley)
Location: Constituency Office - Don Valley (South Yorkshire)
Salary: From £18,391
Nick Fletcher, the Member of Parliament for Don Valley, is looking for a hardworking and proactive Administrative and Communications Assistant to join his friendly constituency office team.
The ideal candidate would be a personable individual, who has a positive ‘can-do’ attitude, excellent organisational skills and a keen interest in politics. The position will provide an excellent opportunity for a candidate wishing to develop a wide range of marketable skills, including managing social media and liaising with local media, as well as assistance with other areas according to the needs of the office.
• Planning and organising local campaigns and events
• Producing literature/brochures
• Liaising with various councillors, agencies, organisations and stakeholders
• Contributing as and when required to the drafting of press releases and e-bulletins, and the maintenance of the MP’s website and social media pages Skills required:
• Strong planning and organisational ability; self-motivated and able to take the initiative
• Proficiency in the use of social media, experience of/ability to write press releases
• Excellent written and oral communication skills and good interpersonal skills
• A sympathetic telephone manner
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 16 August 2020
Candidates who are shortlisted will be contacted via email. We reserve the right to appoint a successful candidate before the closing date.
Please send a cover letter of no more than one page, as well as a CV outlining relevant experience and local knowledge of no more than two pages to firstname.lastname@example.org