Date Added: 22 July 2020
: 9 August 2020
Job Title: Part Time Constituency Caseworker (6 month contract)
Working For: Rushanara Ali MP (Bethnal Green and Bow)
Salary: In line with IPSA scales (3 days a week)
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic candidate to join our busy constituency office as a part-time Caseworker. This position will also involve providing administrative support to the Member and her staff as well as responding policy-related correspondence.
· Responding to emails, efficient data and file management, opening and dispatching mail.
· Gather relevant information from constituents and taking the appropriate action to resolve, document or escalate their concerns or enquiries.
· Communicate with relevant Government Departments, Agencies and other organisations on behalf of constituents.
· Assisting policy casework which includes data-inputting efficiently and accurately.
· Ensure cases are dealt with in a sensitive and confidential manner, adhering to the Data Protection Act principles and respecting the confidentiality of data at all times.
· Competent use of IT including Microsoft Office packages, email and internet. Knowledge of the caseworker.mp system is an advantage.
· Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of relevant guidelines/legislation as appropriate in dealing with casework.
· Assist with the work of other colleagues as required and communicate appropriately with internal and external contacts.
· Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
· Excellent written and other communications skills, with great attention to detail.
· Able to work with minimal supervision as part of a small team.
· Able to engage with people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
· Excellent administrative and IT skills.
· Good research skills.
· Enthusiastic and willing to carry out day-to-day tasks.
· Commitment to the aims and values of the Labour Party.
· Clear commitment to helping people.
· Proficiency in spoken Bengali or Somali.
· Good knowledge of key social policy issues: welfare benefits, immigration, housing and health.
· Knowledge of the constituency an advantage.
This post is 3 days a week on a 6 month contract.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 9 August 2020
Interviews will take place on Tuesday 18 August 2020.
We aim to invite candidates to interview by the end of Thursday 13 August.
To apply please send a CV of no more than two pages and a one page cover letter to email@example.com with ‘Application for Part Time Constituency Caseworker – [YOUR NAME]' in the subject field.
Please note that due to the expected high volume of responses, unsuccessful applicants will not be contacted.