Date Added: 23 July 2020
: 12 August 2020
Job Title: External Affairs Intern
Working For: Working Chance
Salary: £10.75 per hour
Working Chance is an award-winning charity supporting women with convictions into sustainable employment. This role offers the opportunity to develop your skills, and build your experience in the criminal justice and charity sector.
This is a structured internship with the External Affairs Team which will give you a unique opportunity to learn more about how we carry out policy, research and impact work to support women with convictions into employment. The External Affairs team encompasses fundraising, communications, policy and impact. You will also have the chance to observe and assist other teams across the organisation.
Through this role, you will experience working at a dynamic, forward-thinking charity that believes in breaking down barriers to give women a second chance. The internship is paid and will include training and opportunities for constructive feedback.
Please note: Candidates with lived experience of the criminal justice system are strongly encouraged to apply. We particularly welcome applications from black and minority ethnic candidates.
You will support the External Affairs Team with a variety of tasks including:
- Carrying out desk-based research
- Data entry
- Media monitoring
- Preparing and scheduling social media content
- Proofreading and admin
- Ad-hoc tasks to support the Policy and Research Officer, the Strategy and Governance Officer and the External Affairs Officer
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent research and analytical skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- An organised, systematic approach to tasks
- Strong IT skills; confidence using Microsoft Office is essential
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Enthusiasm and a positive can-do attitude
Other requirements: Must have own computer, internet access, a webcam and Microsoft office.
Closing Date: 12 August 2020
Closing time midnight
Interviews from: 13th August
Please send your CV and a brief supporting statement (no more than one page of A4) to email@example.com and put 'External Affairs Intern' in the subject line of the email. Your supporting statement should explain why you want to apply for this role and how you meet the essential skills. All applications will be acknowledged but only candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted after that.