Date Added: 22 July 2020
: 10 August 2020
Job Title: Personal Assistant/Secretary
Working For: Ruth Edwards MP (Rushcliffe)
Salary: £25,000 - £27,000
Ruth Edwards MP, is looking to hire a new staff member who will be amazingly well organised, have a high attention to detail, and can be flexible and creative when it comes to managing a demanding workload.
Working with a small team, the ideal candidate will have excellent organisational skills, verbal and written communication skills and confidence interacting at all levels. Someone who loves helping others and will want to become part of a tight-knit and friendly team.
• prioritise a demanding workload with an eye for detail
• deal with issues in a confidential manner
• good with people and a team player
• high level of written competence
• competent use of digital technologies
• Westminster experience desirable
• Must be sympathetic to the principles and policies of the Conservative Party
Duties will include:
• Inbox triage and dealing with inquiries from members of the public
• Case Creation in caseworker
• Opening and dispatching mail
• Responding to enquiries by telephone
• Diary and invite management
• Assisting with arrangements for events and meetings
• Project management
• Organise Staff Meetings
• Organise the Westminster Office and office supplies
• MPs tours, travel and arrangements
• General Office Administration as required
Successful applicants will be required to complete an in-tray exercise as part of the application process.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to a virtual interview via zoom with finalists being asked to attend socially distanced interview in the Rushcliffe constituency.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 10 August 2020
Virtual/social distancing interviews to be arranged.
Applications with a covering letter and CV’s will need to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org