Date Added: 24 July 2020
: 31 August 2020
Job Title: Senior Communications Officer (part-time)
Working For: Olivia Blake MP (Sheffield Hallam)
Salary: £32,000 - £42,046 FTE
Note this job is part time for 3 days (22.5 hours) per week.
Olivia is looking for a Senior Communications Officer on a part-time, permanent basis. The successful applicant should have strong social and networking skills and be happy to work both independently and as part of our small, close-knit team. We will consider applications for flexible working.
Previous experience in a similar role is desirable but not essential. Olivia welcomes applications from everyone regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, faith, disability or background.
Key responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Establish a social media presence in the constituency and publicise surgeries etc.
- Establish and develop appropriate strategies around social media and online presence in the constituency.
- Produce online graphics and video content, as well as publicising surgeries and news alerts
- Evaluate the impact of external communications activity
- Manage the MP’s website contents Monitor media coverage, liaise with media, prepare press releases as required (on constituency, non-party political matters)
- Oversee the monitoring and updating of online platforms including the website and social media
- Prepare media briefings
- Proactive and re-active communications with all media
- Responsible for the management and development of the external communication presence of the MP office
- Support the MP’s office and objectives through highly effective communication and social media presence
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience in a communications role, producing press releases and working with the media
- Experience managing digital media content and social media channels.
- Ability to manage own workload, work independently, prioritise and work under pressure.
- Ability to work flexibly as part of a small team.
- Understanding of and sympathy with the aims and values of the Labour Party.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 31 August 2020
Interviews will be via video conferencing the first week of September. It would be helpful if you could include your availability in your covering letter.
We will ideally be looking for someone to start as soon as possible.
If you believe you have what it takes to join the team, please submit a covering letter (1 side of A4 max) and CV outlining your suitability to Matthew KiIleya email@example.com