Date Added: 29 July 2020
: 10 August 2020
Job Title: UK Policy and Advocacy Manager
Working For: Bellona
Bellona is looking to recruit a Policy & Advocacy Manager to support delivery of its UK projects and strengthen Bellona’s profile in the UK.
- Contributing to the day-to-day management of Bellona’s UK projects.
- Tracking, analysing and evaluating UK climate and industrial policy developments and leading on Bellona responses to relevant policy consultations, seeking to create positive momentum around the adoption of climate solutions.
- Proactively managing Bellona’s UK stakeholder relations and building strong relationships with all relevant stakeholders, including Parliamentarians, government officials, and amongst the wider climate change community in the UK.
- Representing Bellona in meetings and events and ensuring that Bellona’s views are being sought and considered in terms of climate and industrial decarbonisation policy development.
- Leading Bellona’s approach to, and presence at COP26 in Glasgow in November 2021.
- Supporting the Senior Policy Manager and Director of Political Strategy to ensure that effective communications between Bellona teams in the UK, Oslo and Brussels are maintained.
- Recent experience of analysing and evaluating climate change and, preferably, industrial decarbonisation policies and making recommendations to policy makers.
- Good knowledge of UK policy and regulatory frameworks relating to climate change, industry and energy.
- Awareness and understanding of various technologies and processes relating to industrial decarbonisation, including electrification, CCS, hydrogen, etc.
- Experience of working for an environmental NGO or demonstrable commitment to the values and organisational goals of Bellona and the wider environmental movement.
- High levels of self-motivation and determination, including the ability to work remotely with minimal oversight.
- Ability to and willingness to travel within the UK and abroad, as required.
- Existing network with key government departments (BEIS, HMT, Cabinet Office, etc) and a demonstrable ability to engage with senior stakeholders and Parliamentarians.
- Existing network beyond government, including existing contacts amongst, e.g., unions, NGOs, industry and business groups.
Closing Date: 10 August 2020
Depending on the number of applications we receive, we may appoint before the closing date.
To apply, please send a CV and Covering Letter, outlining your motivations for applying and highlighting your relevant experience and skills, to Theo Mitchell at email@example.com.