Date Added: 29 July 2020
: 16 August 2020
Job Title: Employed Intern (full-time)
Working For: Jeremy Quin MP (Horsham)
Location: Mostly Horsham but some time in Westminster
Salary: In line with IPSA Pay Scales
Jeremy Quin is seeking an Employed Intern. The successful applicants will join a close-knit team and the position will be paid in accordance with IPSA guidelines. The role is based at the Office of Jeremy Quin MP in Horsham but will involve frequent travel to and engagement in London.
This job would be ideal for someone looking for their first role working for an MP. Please note: the successful applicant will be employed on a six-month fixed term contract.
• Supporting the team in the Horsham Office, providing basic administrative support.
• Learning how to manage Casework and drafting responses.
• Handling enquiries from constituents.
• Managing National Campaign responses, assisting in research; analysing briefings and summarising policy advice.
• Greeting visitors and attending meetings as part of training.
• An understanding of politics and the role of an MP.
• Highly organised with consideration for confidentiality, in compliance with GDPR.
• Excellent communication and attention to detail.
• Ability to take on information quickly.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 16 August 2020
All applications should be submitted by the closing date, and interviews will take place in August. The successful applicants will be required to start in September 2020.
Please include for your application a CV of no more than two sides of A4 and a cover letter of no more than one side of A4 and send this to email@example.com