Date Added: 1 August 2020
: 23 August 2020
Job Title: Policy and Communications Officer / Senior Policy and Communications
Working For: Protection Approaches
Salary: £25,000 - £28,000
Protection Approaches was founded in 2014 to confront and prevent identity-based violence here in the UK and around the world. We work with those who make and shape decisions in order to strengthen prediction, prevention, and protection approaches to identity-based violence. We are a small (but growing) organisation of five members of staff and we are currently recruiting a Senior/Policy and Communications Officer (depending on experience) to join the team.
We care about real meaningful impact, a vibrant and diverse global movement, human equality, human dignity, human life.
About the role:
You will work directly with the Co-Executive Director and Head of Research and Policy at Protection Approaches, Dr. Kate Ferguson. It is a varied role and the main responsibilities will include:
- Write, edit and contribute to different types of publications that aim to trigger new thinking and action on identity-based violence and atrocity prevention
- Build and maintain relationships with a variety of partners
- Manage our external communications, produce engaging social media outputs, connect and build relationships with journalists
- Coordinating Protection Approaches’ team members and external stakeholders to ensure delivery specific project activities to agreed timescales
- Manage a busy inbox, team diaries, and some day-to-day administration
- Manage the financial records and budgeting for specific projects
- Organise (on- and offline) events
- Keep up to date with political developments in the UK and around the world linked to our mission and values
- Produce desk research that supports the work of colleagues
We’re all learning to be more flexible in how and when we work. If flexible working hours would help you do this job, or if talking about them might make you more likely to apply please get in touch.
We particularly want to encourage people who might think twice before applying, including those from minority ethnic groups, LGBTQ+ applicants, applicants with disabilities, and anyone whose talent and experience might not be reflected in paid professional roles and formal qualifications.
For full details please download the application pack at: https://protectionapproaches.org/current-vacancies
Closing Date: 23 August 2020
Apply no later than 11.59pm. Full details on the application and recruitment process can be found in the application pack: https://protectionapproaches.org/current-vacancies
Start date ASAP
Please see details on how to apply and the recruitment process by downloading the application pack: https://protectionapproaches.org/current-vacancies
If you have questions about the role or application process contact Kate Ferguson at Kate.Ferguson@protectionapproaches.org or +44 (0) 7715475357