Date Added: 1 August 2020
: 19 August 2020
Job Title: Parliamentary Assistant (6 month contract)
Working For: Rachel Reeves MP (Leeds West)
Salary: In line with IPSA payscales. Working 4 days per week.
Rachel Reeves, Labour MP for Leeds West and Shadow Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster, is looking to recruit a Parliamentary Assistant to provide administrative support and executive assistance in her busy Westminster office.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and enthusiastic with excellent interpersonal skills.
They must be able to prioritise and task manage with minimal supervision and be proficient in all aspects of IT and professional workplace communications.
• Strategic planning and daily management of Rachel’s busy diary.
• Handle and manage email and telephone enquiries, including from local and national media.
• Prepare and edit correspondence, communications and other documents.
• Liaise with constituency office staff to ensure strong links between Leeds West and Westminster.
• Build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including Labour Party and Shadow Cabinet staff.
• Support for the work of other members of the team across Rachel’s office as required.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
• The ability to take the initiative and prioritise their own workload under pressure, while ensuring all tasks are completed.
• A good working knowledge of politics and Parliament.
• Excellent time management and multitasking skills.
• Confidence and the ability to interact effectively with stakeholders and members of the public.
• Experience of drafting correspondence or other copy.
• Experience of diary management and administrative support in a political context would be desirable.
• Support for the aims and values of the Labour Party.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 19 August 2020
Interviews will be held during the week commencing 7th September 2020, with a view to the successful candidate starting as soon as possible after that date.
Please apply by emailing a CV (maximum two pages) and a covering letter (maximum one page) to email@example.com
Regrettably, it will not be possible to respond to each unsuccessful applicant. If you have not heard back by 5pm on Wednesday 2nd September, you have unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org