Date Added: 15 August 2020
: 6 September 2020
Job Title: Personal Assistant
Working For: Thangam Debbonaire (Bristol West)
Salary: £22,402 - £30,882
Thangam Debbonaire MP is looking to recruit a full-time Personal Assistant.
As Shadow Secretary of State for Housing and MP representing a large and lively constituency, there are multiple demands on Thangam’s time. The successful candidate will be an efficient administrator, with experience of managing a complex diary subject to last-minute changes.
The Personal Assistant will also be adept at organising large amounts of detailed information, both online and paper-based, including briefings, emails and reports, ensuring that Thangam is well-prepared in advance of meetings and appearances.
The ideal candidate will also have excellent written English, giving them the ability to draft formal letters to ministers, speeches and social media posts.
Experience of working in Parliament would be a distinct advantage, as the successful candidate will be required to follow the work of relevant committees and policy-making processes, updating Thangam as necessary.
The Personal Assistant will work closely with colleagues in Westminster and in Bristol, so must be willing to learn and work as a team.
Please note that this job is specifically designed to carry out administrative functions rather than political tasks.
- Assist in the compilation of briefing packs
- Assist in the updating of social media on request
- Assist in the writing of speeches
- Assist with arrangements for events
- Database management using office software (e.g. Microsoft Office) to handle administrative cases
- Diary Management
- Efficient data and file management to ensure the office complies with the data protection legislation
- Engage professionally, confidentially and with care and integrity with members of the public, through a variety of methods
- Handling administrative arrangements for meetings with members of the public/MP surgeries
- Liaise with suppliers when required regarding office supplies and security
- Minute taking
- Open, handle and action email, post and social media enquiries
- Photocopying, filing, record-keeping and typing correspondence
- Respond to enquiries by telephone, email and social media, passing on queries to another team members/MP as appropriate
- Responding to constituents' policy questions, as required
- Carrying out casework, as required
- Maintaining a watching brief on relevant parliamentary processes and committees
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 6 September 2020
Interviews will be carried out week commencing Monday 14 September.
Please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com