Date Added: 21 August 2020
: 19 October 2020
Job Title: Senior Account Executive/Account Manager
Working For: CMS Strategic
Salary: Salary dependent on experience
CMS Strategic, a London-based PR and Communications agency, provides media and government relations to companies within the defence, aerospace and security industries and also has clients in the energy services and civil aviation sectors. An opportunity is now available for a Senior Account Executive / Account Manager to join the team.
Working as part of the CMS team, the successful candidate must be able to manage day-to-day PR activity across several existing accounts. Key responsibilities for this role will include:
• Researching and developing PR opportunities for CMS’ clients
• Writing / distributing high quality copy for press releases, feature articles, white papers, company newsletters/magazines, advertorials and publicity material to target media
• Planning and delivering of social media strategy for CMS and its clients
• Helping to organise media events and press briefings
• Supporting clients at major international exhibitions
• Primary contact on CMS’ office phone
• Tracking of the UK media and political landscape, including current government policy
• Summarising and reporting relevant news stories/coverage to CMS and its clients
• Management of media lists and industry publications
• Responding to media enquiries
• Logging all client coverage which appears in print and online media
• Attending client meetings and events, providing timely reports on actions and outcomes and circulating to clients
• Keeping client activity planners up to date
This opportunity is most likely to suit a highly motivated, creative, and confident individual with PR based experience. The candidate must be comfortable to work independently and decisively, within a small team.
An understanding of the UK media and political landscape, including current government policy is important. Strong writing, communication, research, administration and organisational skills are essential, as is attention detail, knowledge of business social media and the ability to work on a variety of projects and to tight deadlines.
A background in defence and security would be an advantage, but of more importance is an understanding of PR and the benefits it can deliver for clients. An individual that is well suited to this role will have significant scope to develop their responsibilities and position with CMS.
Closing Date: 19 October 2020
Interviews to commence imminently.
Start date Oct - Nov 2020. To be confirmed.
Please email applications with a cover note and references to: Georgia.Pickering@cmsstrategic.com