Date Added: 22 August 2020
: 21 September 2020
Job Title: Fundraising and Events Manager
Working For: Pro Bono Economics
Salary: £30,000-£34,000 plus 7% pension contributions
Reporting to the Director of Development, the Fundraising and Events Manager will play a pivotal role in delivering Pro Bono Economic’s growing and diverse programme of major donor programme, public events, and corporate partnership activities. The manager will work collaboratively with colleagues across the charity, including the CEO and trustees.
They will use their previous experience organising and running networking and public events, as well as expertise in stakeholder engagement to help build this small, hands-on but high-impact charity. The role is varied, with plenty of opportunity to work on new initiatives, contribute ideas but also learn and develop.
- Liaise with PBE colleagues and trustees to plan, market and deliver a busy programme of online and in person events
- Overall management of the logistics of events including registrations, ticketing, internal briefings, contractors and venue liaison.
- Regular communication with guests and speakers to ensure events run smoothly.
- Account management for specific major donors and corporate partners - planning and implementing a range of engagement activities including but not limited to events.
- Writing pitches, applications and reports to those key funders
- Conduct research for other potential funding opportunities.
- External networking to develop new partnerships and funding opportunities
- Maintenance of all records of activity in the CRM Salesforce, and liaison with the Database Administrator to improve systems and processes.
- Work with the Director of Development to plan and implement a fundraising and events strategy for the organisation.
- Assisting other areas of the organisation as required.
We are looking for an exceptional candidate with at least 3-5 years working in events and stakeholder/funder management.
Desirable characteristics include:
- Expert communicator – able to write and speak to stakeholders of all levels
- Excellent attention to detail
- A client-focused approach
- Confident computer user - webinar technology, Salesforce, Eventbrite (or other), emails, spreadsheets
- Calm under pressure, enjoys having lots of plates spinning
- A dedication to PBE’s focus on using an evidence-based approach to drive wellbeing improvements in the UK
- Charity sector experience
Closing Date: 21 September 2020
Closing time: 10am
Interviews: To be held week commencing 28 September 2020
PBE is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity
Please go to https://app.beapplied.com/apply/hokpotqqzr