Date Added: 26 August 2020
: 25 September 2020
Job Title: Programme Manager - Cyber Security and Central Government
Working For: techUK
Salary: £30,000-£39,000 per annum plus company benefits
Do you have a strong interest in cyber security, innovation and the central government? If so, we want to hear from you!
This challenging and wide-ranging position provides an opportunity to work with senior level representatives from industry and Government to support the development and implementation of a challenging agenda. The role will encompass the support and development of market engagement activity across both programmes.
This role would be perfect for an articulate and enthusiastic learner, with the ability to support the development of new policy and the delivery of projects and events. You'll need to have experience of working with industry, the UK technology sector, government, policy development, and other stakeholders.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the capability to work across multiple different workstreams, engaging with a variety of industry and government stakeholders and will develop a good understanding of the opportunities and challenges facing the wider tech sector.
• Present techUK as the voice of the technology industry to Government Departments and key stakeholders, whilst building new relationships and furthering programme priorities;
• Support the development, implementation and communication of techUK activities in a way that meets the needs of existing and potential new members;
• Lead the development, implementation and management of projects, white papers, workshops, and events that aim to resolve shared challenges between the cyber security industry and the wider economy;
• Lead the set-up and execution of programme events, briefings and meetings;
• Promote techUK activities through insights, opinions, social media activities and PR activities;
Essential Knowledge and Experience:
• Strong interest in cyber security, innovation, and the UK tech industry;
• Experience of managing relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders and comfortable working with senior individuals in industry
techUK represents the companies and technologies that are defining today the world that we will live in tomorrow. Around 850 companies are members of techUK. Collectively they employ approximately 700,000 people, about half of all tech sector jobs in the UK.
Closing Date: 25 September 2020
Interviews will be held in September and October
Interviews will take place virtually due to COVID-19.
Please send us your CV along with a cover letter of 500 words outlining your interest in the role and salary expectation, in order for us to process your application. A FULL version of the job description can be found on our website.
The successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK prior to commencement of employment. Due to the volume of applications received, if you have not heard back within 3 weeks of applying, please deem your application as unsuccessful on this occasion.