Date Added: 5 September 2020
: 27 September 2020
Job Title: London Parliamentary Assistant
Working For: Darren Henry MP (Broxtowe)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scale
Our London Parliamentary Assistant has flourished and so now there is a permanent full-time vacancy with our small, friendly team.
• Analyse, evaluate and interpret data to ensure Member is accurately informed on key issues
• Assist in writing external communications including speeches for the MP
• Assist with casework as required Attend and participate in meetings as appropriate
• Compilation of briefing packs for MPs, take notes of meetings and draft appropriate submissions
• Develop and maintain current knowledge on relevant areas of parliamentary business including Motions, legislation, Hansard, debates etc. to include Brexit and local planning outcomes
• Diary Management
• Efficient data and file management to ensure the office complies with the data protection legislation
• Engage confidentially, professionally, with care and integrity with members of the public, through telephone enquiries, social media, email and face to face
• Exposure and management of complex cases
• Give advice on policy issues
• Have working knowledge of relevant legislation and upcoming business including how they impact on the constituency
• Help draft amendments for reports and prepare briefing material
• Maintain positive on-going relationships with all parties including members of the public, groups, suppliers and Westminster where required
• Prepare and present briefing notes for committees, press releases, parliamentary questions etc.
• Progress casework as required
• Project Work
• Provide generalist admin support
• Respond to routine correspondence and enquiries
• Supervise staff members where appropriate
• There may be a requirement for the role holder to work outside of normal working hours and travel for work occasionally
• To advise and ensure the MP is fully briefed on potential questions and motions to be put to the House
• Undertake research on relevant subjects as directed
• Work with colleagues in communications/casework to identify potential impacts from the research work and disseminate them effectively
• Support media and social media aims & objectives
Candidates should be sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 27 September 2020
Interviews: To be held in mid October
Projected start date: Monday 23rd November 2020.
• TO APPLY: Please send a CV and covering letter to Marianne Kemp, Office Manager, by email, email@example.com (Please ensure you entitle your email JOB APPLICATION)
• PERSON SPECIFICATIONS: Available on request via firstname.lastname@example.org
• If you do not hear from us within 10 days of your application please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion.
23/09/2020 - Please note the amended closing date.