Date Added: 5 September 2020
: 17 September 2020
Job Title: Public Affairs Manager
Working For: Network Rail
Location: Swindon, Wiltshire (but can be flexible)
Salary: £32,740 - £36,832
About the role
Devise, develop, implement and report on activities which support the delivery of the objectives contained in Network Rail’s corporate communications strategy.
Develop a programme of proactive engagement with Members of Parliaments or relevant legislative or other assemblies on behalf of Network Rail and seeking to highlight the company’s plans, activities and strategies.
Manage designated public affairs activities, including meetings, receptions and tours within agreed financial budgets.
Identify activities and key messages that support Network Rail’s business objectives and key operational imperatives. Maintain an awareness of events and programmed company activities that may require planned public affairs activities.
Develop and implement public affairs activities which are fully co-ordinated and consistent with other communications strategies and activities.
Establish an effective network of internal and external contacts as appropriate to carry out the public affairs function.
- Significant experience in public affairs / lobbying / local government
- High standards of written and spoken communication
- The experience and personal credibility to work effectively with senior managers
- Strong influencing skills
- Proven ability to grasp, understand and promote complex and sensitive issues in a persuasive and sensible way
- Ability to develop and maintain a wide network of stakeholder contacts
- A proven understanding of all relevant political calendars and legislative assemblies
- Educated to degree level
- Relevant professional qualifications
- Evidence of continuing professional development
Closing Date: 17 September 2020
Start date to be confirmed following interview
Go to http://www.networkrail.co.uk/careers and type in vacancy IRC 2193737.
If you have any questions feel free to contact Toby Elliott at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 07734 648 408.