Date Added: 5 September 2020
: 19 September 2020
Job Title: Caseworker or Constituency Support Officer
Working For: Mary Kelly Foy MP (City of Durham)
Location: City of Durham
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
Mary Kelly Foy, MP for the City of Durham, seeks a motivated, enthusiastic team player to join her constituency team as Caseworker/Constituency Support Officer. The role is offered on a full-time, fixed-term basis until 31/03/2021 initially, requests for part-time/flexible working will be considered. Mary strongly encourages applications from under-represented groups.
You will provide information, advice and support to constituents on various issues and liaise with appropriate organisations to resolve cases. You will work with local groups to identify important issues, engage with local communities and contribute to Parliamentary activities. Travel for work and working outside normal hours may occasionally be required. As a new MP, Mary is very active and constituency focused. This is an exciting time to join a hardworking team heavily involved in community activities with the aim of bringing Durham together.
Responsibilities - not exclusive
• Deal with high volume of standard queries from constituents, assist with complex cases by phone, email or in person. Ongoing communication often required
• Deal with cases promptly, confidentially and accurately
• Gather relevant information to resolve cases
• Draft responses to constituents
• Log cases; monitor progress and take identified actions
• Manage records in line with GDPR
• Assist with surgeries/meetings
• Attend constituency meetings occasionally
• Contribute to press releases and social media
• Liaise with County Council, Government depts and other organisations
Personal Specification - essential unless noted otherwise
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent time management, able to work under pressure and able to meet tight deadlines
• Able to manage own workload, prioritise well and excellent organisational skills
• Experience of working and dealing with the general public
• Experience of Microsoft Office
• Experience of Facebook and Twitter
• Experience of organising, or assisting in the organisation, of events
• Deal with issues in a confidential and sensitive manner
• Work effectively in a small team
• Commitment to aims and values of the Labour Party
• Previous casework experience (desirable)
• Driving licence and use of a car (desirable)
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 19 September 2020
Applications will be accepted until 23:59 on Saturday 19th September 2020.
interviews will take place on Friday 25th September, however this date may be subject to change.
To apply, please send a 2 page CV and a 1 page covering letter to email@example.com detailing how you think you meet the requirements of the role.
For further information please contact (0191) 374 1915 or email firstname.lastname@example.org