Date Added: 7 September 2020
: 23 October 2020
Job Title: Intern
Working For: Blackstock Consulting
Blackstock is London’s leading property PR consultancy known for being creative, provocative, rigorous and highly effective securing media coverage or creating high impact reports looking into policy and technology trends.
Our company’s culture is more tech start-up than stuffy PR firm. And while there is a strong policy element to everything we do, we are politically independent. We work with major institutions, FTSE-listed companies and high growth businesses and want someone energetic who is committed, outgoing with great written English and a proven interest in journalist and the media.
Our clients include household name insurers and some of Europe’s hottest tech VC investors. Uniquely, Blackstock produces podcasts in-house and regularly provides analysis on TV and radio (viewable on our YouTube page). We work at the highest level and our original reports are widely cited and considered in Government.
You don’t need to have property experience, but you do need to have meticulous English and be confident in dealing with people at all levels.
We typically offer permanent roles to high-performing interns and should you join us permanently we commit to offering: better pay than our competitors; 28 days holiday (plus bank holidays); flexible working in a great new Bloomsbury office; regular socials, gigs, parties and a flat company structure.
- Key roles and responsibilities:
- Undertake basic market research to support a story and provide context
- Actively participate in brainstorming and planning sessions
- Dissect a news story, explain what makes it interesting & its market context or impact
- Keep pace of the news agenda
- Demonstrate core writing skills across press releases, op-eds, blogs and comments
- Be able to create compelling pitches and place stories
- Demonstrate a good understanding of current affairs and issues related to cities
Candidates must demonstrate:
- First-class writing abilities and professional spoken English
- Willingness to learn and ability to pick up things quickly
- Willingness to help on administrative tasks when required
- An ability to be responsive and adaptable to feedback
- A positive attitude
- Commitment, passion and enthusiasm in all activities
Closing Date: 23 October 2020
Please apply with a CV, covering letter explaining how you meet our criteria and a non-academic writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org