Date Added: 7 September 2020
: 2 October 2020
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Maggie Throup MP (Erewash)
Salary: In line with IPSA payscales and subject to experience
Maggie Throup MP is looking to recruit a full-time Caseworker to join her office team.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, with an interest in policy and a proven ability to respond to a broad range of constituent enquiries at pace.
The position would suit a candidate seeking the next step in their career, who can manage competing priorities efficiently and calmly; is competent and confident acting on their own initiative, as well as being a strong team-player.
- A highly motivated staff member, with a positive attitude and ability to work collectively as part of a team
- Previous experience of working for a Member of Parliament and a broad knowledge of Parliamentary protocol and procedures desired
- Experience using a casework management system
- Outstanding written and verbal skills, with keen attention to detail
- Ability to complete work quickly, to a high standard, often under pressure
- An interest in current affairs, local and national politics and sympathy with Conservative Party values
Duties will include, but not limited to:
- Co-management of the casework inbox
- Draft policy responses to constituents, and correspondence to Ministers
- Draft non-policy-based constituency casework to constituents, and correspondence to relevant agencies
- Liaise with Government agencies, voluntary sector and others to resolve matters
- Analyse, evaluate and interpret data to ensure the Member is accurately informed on key issues and is aware of trends
- Ensure records are kept and information managed confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act
- Attend surgeries and meetings as appropriate
- Carrying out any other duties as and when required in order to contribute to the efficient running of the Member's office.
- Salary will reflect the experience of the successful candidate
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 2 October 2020
w/c 12th October 2020
As part of your application, please complete the following:
Write a letter to a constituent explaining the Government’s new Environment Bill, its impact on farmers and consumers as well as any implication it may have on future trade agreements.
Please send your CV, covering letter, and completed task, to email@example.com
Applications sent directly to the MP will not be considered.