Date Added: 7 September 2020
: 25 September 2020
Job Title: External Affairs Assistant
Working For: Thakeham Group
Location: Billingshurst (Remote and Flexible Working possible)
Thakeham are a sustainable, infrastructure-led placemaker. We work across the south to deliver private residential development and quality affordable homes, with infrastructure, road improvements, community facilities and schools. We are at the forefront of delivering sustainable homes, with our commitment to ensuring every Thakeham home is carbon-neutral in production, and carbon-zero throughout its lifetime use by 2025. We pride ourselves on our ability to create not just quality new homes, but amazing new communities where people want to live, work and play.
The Job Role
The role holder will support the External Affairs Manager to deliver a range of events across the business’ operational area including openings and showcase events, together with a comprehensive conference programme.
The role holder will support the provision of political and community research, together with updating and maintaining a project database. They will also manage the External Affairs diary and appointments.
The role holder will be expected to get involved with all aspects of the External Affairs department when required, we have team approach to everything we do.
The ideal candidate will have had a grounding in public affairs work, perhaps through a consultancy role, but is now looking to step in-house and gain sector specific experience. They may have experience of local politics, perhaps on a voluntary party basis, but will certainly have a passion for housing and creating great places to live.
The Required Skills
- Demonstrable interest or active involvement in politics or current affairs
- Knowledge and understanding of local government and the planning process in England
- Experience of supporting events management
- Can-do attitude and able to take the initiative
- Strong communication and organisational skills
- Hardworking, flexible, pro-active team player with the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Excellent IT skills (Microsoft Office)
- Strong attention to detail
- Driving licence and own car for travel preferred (mileage paid)
- Competitive salary
- Annual holiday allowance 26 days increasing with service (plus bank holidays)
- Life assurance 3x salary
- Private medical insurance
- Pension scheme 5% matched contribution level
- Plus a whole range of employee benefits
For more information, visit www.thakeham.com/thakeham-careers
Closing Date: 25 September 2020
Interviews will be held on a rolling basis. Subject to the number of applicants, interested parties may be asked to complete a written assignment. We may appoint before the closing date.
Please email a covering letter and CV to email@example.com