Date Added: 8 September 2020
: 5 October 2020
Job Title: Policy and External Affairs Officer
Working For: GMC
The General Medical Council (GMC) is looking to expand its Wales Office through the recruitment of two Policy and External Affairs Officers. The organisation works to protect, improve and uphold medical standards and patient safety in the UK through education, working closely with doctors, patients and healthcare providers to ensure safe practicing standards are maintained.
- The GMC is looking to recruit two Policy and External Affairs Officers to join their Wales Office team to promote and support the policy and public affairs activity for the organisation in the country. As part of the team, your responsibility will be to develop and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders to ensure key policy positions are communicated and the regulator’s reputation is protected and enhanced.
- Develop and maintain key working relationships with relevant stakeholders across the political and health landscape in Wales
- Manage the organisation’s responses to external consultations and health policy initiatives in Wales
- Monitor the Welsh political landscape and brief colleagues across the organisations as required
- Monitor and contribute to the Welsh Language policy development and support management of the Welsh Language Scheme across the organisation
- Key skills and experience required
- A good understanding of the Welsh political and health landscape
- Good project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The gravitas to work with senior internal and external stakeholders to influence decision making.
If this opportunity is of interest to you, please apply as soon as possible by clicking the 'apply now' button. To view this advert in Welsh, please follow the link to apply.
Closing Date: 5 October 2020
Please apply here -
21 Sept: taken down at advertiser's request