Date Added: 8 September 2020
: 21 September 2020
Job Title: Programme Manager, Sustainable economy and responsible business
Working For: Common Vision
Salary: £25,000-£30,000 dependent on experience
Common Vision is a think tank and social enterprise with a mission to change the narrative around our shared future. Through events, research, and interactive consultations, we champion public dialogue around social and political issues to unite people around long-term intergenerational goals.
Over the last 6 years, Common Vision has built a strong reputation and enjoyed a growing profile, particularly in relation to our work on a responsible tax system (www.responsibletax.org.uk) and the role of responsible business in the transition to environmental, social and economic sustainability (www.thecrowd.me).
The Programme Manager will take the lead on executing research, public engagement and relationship management on these issues, as well as overseeing work conducted by other team members and associates. This is not solely a project management role. You will have a proven track record of expertise in areas relating to sustainability, corporate responsibility, and/or inclusive economic growth, and be able to hit the ground running on activities such as:
- Identifying potential new areas of research and discussion
- Planning and executing desk research and qualitative interviews
- Producing written content, reports and briefing documents, and editing those written by others
- Building and maintaining relationships with external stakeholders and contributors including professionals, campaigners, public commentators, Parliamentarians and academics
- Fundraising and building relationships with partners, sponsors and contributors
- Identifying and developing new channels and engagement opportunities for our outputs
- General programme management
We are looking for a proactive, versatile individual who is comfortable working at a fast pace in a start-up environment. You will need to demonstrate:
- Relevant professional experience of copywriting, research, producing and editing professional reports and briefings, fundraising (at least two of)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Impeccable administrative and organisational skills, and a keen eye for detail
- A conscientious and flexible work ethic
- A creative flair in identifying, developing and promoting new ideas
Closing Date: 21 September 2020
Please send a CV and covering letter, setting out why you want to work for Common Vision and how your experience and personal qualities match the candidate specification, to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the email subject line.