Date Added: 9 September 2020
: 18 September 2020
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Nicola Richards MP (West Bromwich East)
Location: West Bromwich
Nicola Richards MP is looking to recruit a full-time Caseworker to be a member of her constituency office team based in West Bromwich town centre.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, with an interest in assisting the good people of West Bromwich and a proven ability to respond to a wide range of constituent enquiries professionally and at pace.
The position would suit a candidate who is organised and can manage competing priorities efficiently and calmly; is competent and confident acting on their own initiative, as well as being a strong and efficient team-player.
The role will be for an initial six-month fixed term with a view of extending thereafter.
• A highly motivated staff member, with a positive attitude and ability to work collectively as part of the wider team.
• Previous experience of working for a Member of Parliament and a broad knowledge of Parliamentary protocol and procedures desired
• Experience in using a casework management system is preferred
• Outstanding written and verbal skills, with keen attention to detail
• Ability to complete work quickly, to a high standard, often under pressure
• An interest in current affairs, local and national politics and sympathy with Conservative Party values
Duties will include but are not limited to:
• Assist in managing of the casework inbox
• Draft policy responses to constituents, and correspondence to Ministers
• Draft constituency casework to constituents, and correspondence to relevant agencies
• Liaise with Government agencies, voluntary sector and others to resolve matters
• Analyse, evaluate and interpret data to ensure the Member is accurately informed on key issues and is aware of trends
• Provide briefings on casework to MP and Office Manager when requested
• Ensure records are kept and information managed confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act
• Attend surgeries and meetings as appropriate
• Carrying out any other duties as and when required in order to contribute to the efficient running of the Member's office.
• This is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 18 September 2020
Interviews will be from week commencing 21st September, and the successful candidate will be required to start work in October.
Please submit your CV and Covering Letter to Scott Chapman, Office Manager
via email: email@example.com