Date Added: 10 September 2020
: 23 September 2020
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Mark Menzies MP (Fylde)
Salary: In line with IPSA Pay scale
Mark Menzies MP is seeking an enthusiastic, hardworking and motivated individual to take on the role of Caseworker, working in his Westminster Parliamentary office/remotely as required on a full time basis. Although part time would be considered.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, working closely with the Member on tasks such as:
• Drafting responses or responding to constituents on any issues raised, on behalf of the Member
• Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of relevant guidelines/legislation as appropriate in dealing with casework
• Ensuring cases are dealt with in a sensitive and confidential manner
• Undertaking research, usually from readily available sources
• Assisting with the work of other colleagues as required and communicating appropriately with internal and external contacts
The successful candidate should have:
• Confidence and communication skills to express ideas
• Good organisational and administrative skills with the ability to prioritise tasks and meet tight deadlines
• Strong inter-personal skills with the ability to work independently
• A discreet approach working in compliance with GDPR
• Good analytical skills and attention to detail
• Competent use of IT including Microsoft Office package, email and internet to support the above
• Self-motivation and enthusiasm
• Ability to integrate successfully with others in the team
• An interest in current affairs, local and national politics and sympathy with Conservative Party values
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to be involved in other roles across the office to broaden their knowledge and experience.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 23 September 2020
Interviews will be offered to successful candidates prior to the closing date. Looking for the right individual to start as soon as possible.
Unfortunately we will be unable to respond to those who are unsuccessful at the first stage.
Please send an email entitled: CASEWORKER JOB APPLICATION with your covering letter and CV to email@example.com