Date Added: 11 September 2020
: 21 September 2020
Job Title: Policy Manager
Working For: CPT, a client of Ellwood Atfield
The Confederation of Passenger Transport (CPT) is the voice of the bus and coach industries in the UK. Representing over 1,000 bus and coach operators, their membership ranges from multi-national companies like FirstGroup, Stagecoach, National Express, Arriva and Go-Ahead to small family-run coach and bus operators.
At a challenging and exciting time for the industry, we are delighted to be working with CPT to appoint a new Policy Manager. Reporting into the Head of Policy, the successful candidate will assist in advancing the strategic priorities of CPT and its members with decision makers and opinion formers through the development and deployment of impactful and authoritative policy initiatives, positions and materials which promote pro-bus and pro-coach policies, and ensure members are aware of policy developments that affect them and their industry.
- Develop policy papers and briefings, including collation of relevant third-party research, to influence national and regional decision makers and those that influence them (such as media, think tanks, transport groups and other opinion formers)
- Engage with government departments to help deliver CPT’s policy goals
- Work with CPT members to seek views on policy and to gather evidence to support strategies and priorities, including collaborating with members’ in-house teams
- Develop authoritative and evidence-based submissions such as consultation responses and select committee submissions with member input and engagement
- Provide policy advice on key issues to internal stakeholders and members
- Act as the secretariat for key CPT Commissions / working groups.
Key skills and experience required
- Excellent written skills, with strong attention to detail
- Ability to identify and communicate key challenges and produce non-technical and impactful outputs
- A self-starter with the ability to successfully manage multiple priorities.
- Good knowledge of government policy and decision making processes and the stakeholder landscape.
- Navigating public policy issues
- Developing policy submissions, drafting thought pieces, articles and reports
- Delivering policy initiatives.
More information can be found on our website: https://www.ellwoodatfield.com/job/policy-manager-az-2008-7449/
Closing Date: 21 September 2020
Intervies will take place week commencing 28th September. The successful candidate will begin as soon as their notice period allows.
This advert will close at midnight on Monday 21st September.
To apply for this position, please submit a copy of your CV by visiting the Ellwood Atfield website and clicking on the 'Apply' button.
The listing can be found here: https://www.ellwoodatfield.com/job/policy-manager-az-2008-7449/
We will endeavour to acknowledge all applications.