Date Added: 16 September 2020
: 19 October 2020
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Sara Britcliffe MP (Hyndburn)
Sara Britcliffe MP is looking for a Caseworker and Administrator to work in her busy Constituency Office. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Assist surgeries and other meetings and follow up as appropriate
• Critically analyse patterns of enquiries and articulate the findings in reports and communication with the MP and other staff members
• Deal with large numbers of standard queries, as well as assisting on more complex cases from members of the public by phone, email, social media or face to face. Ongoing communication may be required
• Draft responses to constituents
• Ensure records are kept and information managed confidentially in line with the data protection legislation
• Ensure that each case is dealt with promptly, sensitively, confidentially and accurately in accordance with the MP
• Establish, monitor and update a social media and online presence in the constituency. Produce online graphics and video content, as well as publicising surgeries and news alerts etc.
• Gather relevant information to assist with resolving cases
• Log all cases; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken
• Manage and monitor social media enquiries, dealing with cases that do not need to be transferred to a higher level. Ensure all enquiries are dealt with in a timely manner
• Monitor media coverage, liaise with media, prepare press releases as required (on constituency, non-party-political matters)
• Produce press releases, liaise with the media, meeting deadlines as appropriate
• There may be a requirement for the role holder to work outside of the normal working hours and travel for work occasionally
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 19 October 2020
To be discussed with individuals following the shortlisting process.
Applicants should send a CV and a cover letter outlining why they are suitable and want the role to email@example.com by Monday 19th October with the subject line: Caseworker Application.