Date Added: 29 September 2020
: 15 November 2020
Job Title: Head of Programme: Nations and Regions
Working For: techUK
techUK's Nations and Regions Programme is aimed at engaging the public and private sector to support our nations and regions reinvent and recover in the aftermath of COVID-19. We believe that it is essential that we plan for a levelled-up recovery and that digital technology plays a vital role in enabling that.
techUK has already hosted a series of Digital Dialogues with nations and regions across the UK which explored the digital strengths and weaknesses of those areas.
This role will be at the forefront of how techUK leverages our existing programme offering to support and increase the digital capital (from skills to infrastructure) of our nations and regions in response to these Digital Dialogues.
You will be leading techUK’s work to increase our presence in the UK’s nations and regions, building communities and expanding our membership. You will work closely with our policy team – ensuring that our national policy proposition is based on a proper understanding of local experiences – and our wider market programme teams as you identify where techUK can help to deliver better local outcomes for People, Society, Economy and Planet.
We are looking for a self-motivated individual with strong community building capabilities and experiences. You will be the focal point for our Nations and Regions work, engaging with senior stakeholders in our membership and key stakeholders in our nations and regions.
- A self-motivated individual who is comfortable managing projects across multiple teams.
- Has strong community-building and networking skills.
- Can identify areas and issues where techUK can add value to local stakeholders and members and build a proposition from techUK’s existing programmes.
Essential Knowledge and Experience
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of the broad UK tech landscape and the positioning and role of techUK
- Strong project management skills, ideally able to demonstrate the successful delivery of public policy or market engagement outcomes
- Comfortable with and has experience of working with board level executives
Desired Knowledge and Experience
- Has a proven track record of managing events (dinners, breakfast briefings, seminars etc) ensuring accuracy and attention to detail
Closing Date: 15 November 2020
The successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK prior to commencement of employment. Due to the volume of applications received, if you have not heard back within 3 weeks of applying, please deem your application as unsuccessful on this occasion.
A fuller version of the job description, can be found on the Job Vacancies section of our website.
To apply for this role, please send your CV along with a short cover letter (max 500 words) outlining your interest in this role along with your current salary to lorraine.dias@techUK.org
This role profile is a guide to the work that is required but does not form part of any contract of employment and may change from time to time to reflect changing circumstances.
Applications without a COVER LETTER will NOT be accepted.