Date Added: 1 October 2020
: 25 October 2020
Job Title: Policy and Public Affairs Assistant +REMOVED
Working For: Versus Arthritis
Location: Flexible location including home-working
Salary: £24,000pa (London), £21,700pa (Rest of UK)
The Policy and Public Affairs Assistant provides vital support across policy, public affairs and campaigning, from coordinating events in Parliament to drafting articles for our website. We are looking for an organised and enthusiastic individual with strong administration skills who wants to help us create lasting change for people with arthritis.
About the role
This role supports our policy, public affairs, and campaigning work; it is a fantastic opportunity to gain experience in these areas and learn more about how to effectively influence government. The Policy and Public Affairs Assistant ensures the smooth running of the department by providing high-quality support with administration, meetings, writing web and policy content, monitoring developments in Parliament, talking to case studies, and coordinating events. Help us achieve our ambition to see the impact of arthritis recognised and people with arthritis empowered and supported to demand more.
The successful candidate will have:
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise tasks and deliver to deadlines.
- Good attention to detail; consistently produces accurate work and identifies errors.
- Experience of working with and for a busy team and providing administrative support to colleagues, ideally as part of a team.
- High level of computer literacy, including experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Good verbal communication skills, with experience of adapting style and message for a variety of audiences.
- Good written communication skills; a clear writing style.
- A flexible approach, with the ability to adapt to the needs of the organisation and unforeseen external developments.
Enthusiasm for the role and commitment to transforming the lives of people with arthritis.
Closing Date: 25 October 2020
Apply by: 12pm
First interviews expected: 3rd and 4th November, online
A concise, up-to-date CV along with a completed supporting statement (Word XXKB) demonstrating how you meet the key requirements set out in the job description and person specification (Word XXKB)
Please include where you’ve seen this role advertised
Email your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Further deatils: https://www.versusarthritis.org/about-us/work-for-us/our-current-vacancies/policy-and-public-affairs-assistant/
20/10/2020 - This advert has been marked Removed at the request of the original advertiser. Please do not apply for this role.