Date Added: 1 October 2020
: 19 October 2020
Job Title: Campaigns Administrative Assitant
Working For: Alcohol Health Alliance
Salary: £22,000 pro rata (20 hours a week)
Contract: 24-months fixed term, part-time 20 hours per week
Reports to: AHA Policy and Advocacy Manager
Holiday Entitlement: 25 days pro rata
*remote working may still be in place when post holder joins
• Writing and distributing monthly e-newsletter to members
• Writing briefings and questions for MPs
• Identifying and contacting potential new members of the Alcohol Health Alliance
• Acting as the point of contact for enquiries from members and the public
• Organising meetings (virtually and in-person) for the chair, staff and membership, including booking rooms, planning catering, identifying speakers, writing agendas, minute taking and following up actions
• Managing finance processes including membership subscriptions and invoicing
• Supporting the work of the Communications Manager and Policy and Advocacy Manager
You will be proactive and self-motivated, able to balance priorities in a fast-paced environment. Essential requirements for this role are:
• GCSE or equivalent in English Language and Maths at Grade C/Level 5 or above
• Office administration experience
• Experience of organising effective meetings and writing high quality minutes
• Experience in drafting engaging copy for newsletters or similar
• Able to work on own initiative and meet deadlines
• Well-organised with an ability to work across many projects simultaneously.
• High levels of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and confidence, able to work with a range of individuals.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Excellent IT skills (Microsoft Office including Excel and Outlook)
• Interest in political campaigning and media
Desirable, but not essential, requirement for this role are:
• Experience of administration in a healthcare or related context
• Experience of using social media (especially Twitter)
• Experience in drafting website copy.
• Knowledge of public health or alcohol policy.
Closing Date: 19 October 2020
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 28th and Thursday 29th October 2020.
No Agencies & No calls, Thank you.
Closing time: 5pm
How to apply
Please send a CV with a covering letter outlining your suitability for this role to Kellie Donaldson at firstname.lastname@example.org