Locality is a national network supporting community organisations to be strong and successful. Our network stretches across England, brings together like-minded people and creates belonging, connection and community spirit.
We are at the forefront of debate and systems change for the community sector. Our policy and influencing work aims to create a better operating environment for community organisations so they can effectively tackle economic and social problems and transform the lives of local people.
- 25 days’ holiday
- Enhanced pension contribution
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to work scheme
As a Policy Officer, you will support our work to create a better policy and funding environment for community organisations.
Joining a small Policy Team, you’ll contribute to the development of our public policy programme, work with colleagues and members to develop evidence-based case studies, produce briefings and reports on key policy areas and provide advice on how new policies will impact Locality and our members.
You’ll draft responses to relevant government consultations and other public policy initiatives and represent Locality at external meetings, events and public speaking engagements.
Our current policy priorities are:
- Save our Spaces, which aims to save our much-loved publicly owned buildings and spaces from being sold off for private use
- Localism and Devolution, which focuses on breaking down the barriers to localism and transferring power, decision making and resources to a local level
- Keep it Local, which campaigns to turn the tide on large-scale outsourcing and calls for councils to commission locally
To join us as a Policy Officer, you will need:
- At least one year’s experience in a policy role or similar
- Experience of using qualitative and quantitative sources to develop evidence-based policy work
- A good level of IT literacy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A collaborative approach
Other organisations may call this role Policy Programme Officer, Policy Researcher, Policy Research Officer, Policy Advisor, Public Policy Officer, or Policy and Campaign Officer.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.