Date Added: 7 October 2020
: 20 October 2020
Job Title: Associate Consultant
Working For: The Whitehouse Consultancy
Salary: £23,000-£28,000 per annum
The Whitehouse Consultancy is an award-winning communications agency with a wide client brief across public affairs, press and media relations, stakeholder engagement, crisis communications and training.
We are now searching for an Associate Consultant to join our team.
- Acting as a point of contact for client activity and carrying out public affairs, stakeholder engagement and communications activity for these clients.
- Monitoring policy developments from government departments and public policy announcements, consultations, calls for evidence and press releases, highlighting issues of relevance for clients and keeping up to date with issues in the sectors which affect your clients.
- Preparing stakeholder lists, briefings, policy audits, research papers, reports, select committee submissions and consultation responses under guidance.
- Support on media strategies including writing press releases and copy for social media campaigns, identifying media opportunities for clients, and pitching to journalists.
- Attending client meetings with stakeholders as requested, participating in discussions, and advising the client where appropriate.
- Developing and researching for new business activity as guided by the rest of the Whitehouse team.
Core competencies and experience:
- Demonstrable experience in a political, policy or communications role in Westminster, Whitehall, think-tanks, a political party, NGOs, or the private sector (e.g. in agency or in-house).
- A good working knowledge of the political processes in the UK and if appropriate Europe.
- The ability to understand and digest complex information quickly and effectively.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience of presenting reports and presentations both verbally and in writing.
- Experience of providing communications support in some form e.g. media relations, social media, thought leadership.
- The ability to manage and prioritise own workload.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office packages and familiar with relevant parliamentary programmes and search engines.
- Desirable: Experience engaging with media outlets, writing op-eds, letters, and press releases.
- Desirable: Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant subject.
Note, the full job details can be found on the Whitehouse website: https://www.whitehouseconsulting.co.uk/about-us/careers/.
Closing Date: 20 October 2020
Candidates will be interviewed on a rolling basis and we may appoint before the closing date should an excellent candidate be identified. Therefore, early applications are encouraged.
Note, this role will involve working from home for the immediate future, but is London based in the long-term.
If you are interested in applying for the Associate Consultant role, please send your CV and cover letter, outlining why you would like to work for The Whitehouse Consultancy and the experience and skills you are able to bring to the role, to Saagar Dattani at email@example.com.