Date Added: 7 October 2020
: 20 October 2020
Job Title: Parliamentary Assistant
Working For: Mark Fletcher MP (Bolsover)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Westminster Diary management
- Respond to routine correspondence and enquiries, including by telephone and email
- Researching, drafting and sending correspondence on a wide range of policy issues
- Responding to mass email campaigns
- Uploading files to Caseworker management system
- Ensuring cases are dealt with in a sensitive and confidential manner
- Preparing briefs for meetings
- Attending meetings and taking notes
- Assisting with other parliamentary duties, as and when required
There may be a requirement to work outside of normal working hours.
- High standard of written communication and strong IT skills
- Personable and able to easily communicate with people
- Well organised with an ability to effectively manage own workload and deliver to tight time scales
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure
Applicants should be sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 20 October 2020
Interviews likely to take place on the 22nd October.
TO APPLY: Please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com
If you do not hear from us within 10 days of your application please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion.